Data Privacy in Bulk
Bulk is an industrial company with business in property, logistics, data centers and data center services, and fiber infrastructure.
Bulk is the controller for the personal information that we process. For privacy concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Collection of Personal Information
Bulk sets your privacy concern to the highest priority. All our collection and use of personal information are made in accordance with the Norwegian Personal Information Law with regulations and EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as implemented in Norwegian law («Data Protection Law»).
Bulk collects personal information in different ways, such as:
(i) information provided by customer;
(ii) information provided by investors, suppliers, collaborators etc;
(iii) information provided by work candidates; and
(iv) information that is collected in Bulk’s customer administration.
To prevent and detect criminal acts and to secure our data centers, buildings owned, managed or leased by Bulk are monitored by surveillance cameras.
As a rule, surveillance videos recorded by security cameras that Bulk controls are stored for seven days after the recording date. This storage period applies except in cases where the surveillance video is given to the police or Bulk has the right to use the video recordings for another purpose.
When visiting our webpage:
You can access the website www.bulk.no without disclosing your identity. The browser on your end device automatically sends information to our website server (e.g. IP address of the querying computer, date and time of the access, name and URL of the accessed file, browser type and version and also further information sent by the browser (such as your computer’s operating system, the name of your access provider, geographical origin, etc.). This information, which also includes your ip-address, is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is collected without any action on your part:
- We process these data to ensure trouble-free connection to the website, comfortable use of our website, for evaluating system security and stability and also for further administrative purposes.
- The legal grounds for the data processing is GDPR Art. 6.1 f. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes for the data collection.
- Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
When visiting our Facebook fan page:
Unless you communicate with Bulk through the Facebook Page, we will not have access to any personal data concerning you. However, Facebook is on a regular basis providing aggregated and anonymous data concerning our followers’ interests.
When using our contact form:
We give you the option of contacting us via a form on our website. If you do so, the following details are required:
- email address
- telephone number and
- your query
The information listed is processed by us for the purpose of answering your query.
The data processing takes place in response to your request and is based on our legitimate interest pursuant to GDPR Art. 6. 1 f. The personal data we collect when you use the contact form are automatically deleted once your query has been dealt with.
The purpose of collecting personal information
Bulk collects and processes personal data in order for us to be able to administer our relationship with our customers, suppliers, partners and others, and to be able to deliver our services according to our contractual obligations.
The information we collect may also be used to provide the customer and other business contacts with information about Bulks services in general. We do not send out enquiries about marketing unless we have a legal basis for processing according to Data Protection Law and we adhere to the Norwegian Marketing Control Act’s provisions regarding marketing initiatives sent to our existing customers. .
Which personal information is processed
Other than as stated above, we collect personal information consisting of for example contact persons’ names, employees’ names, telephone numbers and email addresses, addresses, purchase history, bank information and other.
Bulk also processes personal information about participants at our customer events. Bulk will not store such information without having legal grounds for doing so, for instance a legally obtained consent from the participants.
The legal basis for collecting personal information
Most of the information Bulk collects about its customers and business partners is obligatory in order to administrate our business relationships and to deliver our services. We consider our services agreements and other agreement as legal grounds for processing of such information.
We will not send out information for various purposes (other than delivering of our services), without the needed legal grounds for doing so, for instance by asking for your consent.
The data subject’s rights. Retention time.
Bulk retains the personal information only as long as necessary according to the purpose that the data was collected for or to meet defined legal requirements. In general, we retain the personal information for the duration of the relevant agreement.
You have the right:
- to withdraw your consent to us at any time. This means that we may no longer continue processing the data based on that consent for the future;
- to demand information about your personal data we process. In particular, you can demand information about the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data were or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction or revocation of processing, the existence a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, in so far as not collected by us, and also about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and where appropriate meaningful information about to details thereof;
- to demand immediate rectification of inaccurate or completion of your personal data saved with us;
- to demand deletion of your personal data saved with us, in so far as the processing is not required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to demand restriction of processing of your personal data;
- to receive your personal data you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transmission to another controller;
- to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority for your habitual residence or place of work or our registered offices.
You may contact Bulk at email@example.com if you wish to have access to, correct or delete personal information we have stored.
The cookie stores information which arises in conjunction with the specifically used end device. This does not mean, however, that this gives us direct knowledge of your identity.
Cookies are used on the one hand so that we can make the use of our offerings more pleasant for you. Therefore, we use session cookies to recognise that you have already visited individual pages of our website.
In addition, we use temporary cookies saved on your end device for a certain defined period to optimize user friendliness. If you visit our website again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you were already here before and which entries and settings you made so that you do not have to repeat them.
The data processed by cookies are required for the stated purposes to protect our justified interests and also of third parties under Art. 6.1 f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can configure your browser, however, so that no cookies are saved on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Complete deactivation of cookies can, however, lead to you not being able to use all the functions of our website.
- web browser type / version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the previously visited website),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of server request,
are transmitted to and stored on a server belonging to Google in the USA. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield so that an adequate level of data privacy is ensured.
The information will be used for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and ensuring an internet experience tailored to users' needs.
Furthermore, this information may be transferred to third parties to the extent that this may be legally required or those third parties process these data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be associated with any other data held by Google. The IP addresses will be anonymized so that attribution is not possible (IP masking).
You can block the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your web browser software; however, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.